Saturday 31 October 2009

City University of Hong Kong



My thanks to the wonderful City University of Hong Kong for a great lunch and a fun show. The University is very striking, and like Hong Kong is relatively small for the huge number of people it holds. Also, functioning as a day and a night University, it is just as 24/7 as Hong Kong itself.

At lunch, a man at my table told me a folk tale that people with allergies are angelic, put here to do good, and that bad spirits have given them defects to try and stop them. That was pretty cool. At home I’m just a geek that can’t eat a Snickers.

I had planned to have parts of the show recorded so I could make a video of my time here, but with the all the excitement and the meal beforehand, I completely forgot!

They were incredibly kind and gave me a fantastic engraved metal plate from the University, which will take pride of place in my home after the trip.

I had lunch recently with the entertainment organisers of the Aberdeen Boat Club at their Clubhouse on the south side of Hong Kong Island, and was very impressed with their attention to detail in publicity and the planning of the show on my last day here - details at http://www.abclubhk.com/event.aspx?eventid=78

I really must say how lovely everyone I’ve worked with so far in Hong Kong has been, they have all been very friendly and accommodating, so thanks to you all. Two weeks left here.

No comments:

Post a Comment