Friday 11 September 2009

CNN-IBN



So I made it to television. The boss at the radio show had called CNN while I was in his office, and a few days later I got the invitation. They sent a car to pick me up and I had a long journey to prepare my nerves. The plan was to perform at their news room, a little something at each desk – spoonbending at the sports desk, mindreading at the politics desk and so on…and then something for the whole newsroom, all of it filmed for their news programme as well as their entertainment show.

After half an hour of performing tricks, I then had to do some links and other material to the camera. I was pretty exhausted and I’d just been blindfolded, with sticky tape over my eyes, for the past five minutes, so I wasn’t feeling my strongest, but I think it all came across pretty well. I was quite clueless as to what they wanted from me, I wasn’t sure whether to play it cool (as I do so well) or be a little more full of life – we’ll have to see how the show comes out. The sound technician managed to recorded some footage with my camera too, so that’s completed the video, which I’m uploading now, very nicely. The reporter said that he’d also send me the finished piece so hopefully that’ll get onto youtube soon too.

What a great way to finish things here in India. I only have my next destination to think about now - Hong Kong - got my Lonely Planet here already, and we’re ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment