Friday 13 February 2009

Publicity


This month saw the start of my pursuit for publicity for the Without Borders World Trip, and the offers are already coming in. After just a couple of emails to the local media I know off the top of my head, interviews with the Sanctuary and Leeds Student newspapers were lined up. ITV local have also said that they’d like me to write a guest blog on their site with a video to ‘kick off’ the trip in August.

I met with the Arts Editor of the Sanctuary, Abigail Ledger-Lomas, yesterday and performed one of my favourite effects with her after the interview. I gave her an envelope the day before and told her to keep it safe and not to open it, a prediction of tomorrow’s events. On the day, I asked her to choose a page of her copy of The Spectator magazine, then she was to hold the magazine without looking at it and draw a small circle onto her page. Out of the eight or so words she circled, she chose one single word - admirer. This word, chosen from a random page of her magazine, from a circle she drew, from a number of words within was admirer, and she didn't want to change her mind. She opened the envelope that hadn't left her possession for a moment - 'ADMIRER', signed Tom DeVoe x
I'll post the interview as soon as it's published.

No comments:

Post a Comment