Friday 25 June 2010

Los Angeles, California


Here in Los Angeles, in the final country of the 12 month World Trip.


Hollywood's an exciting place, full to the brim with entertainment, movie stars and the bright lights that attract so many tourists from around the world. Apparently a world within a city, on Hollywood Boulevard you catch glimpses of celebrities at movie premiers (I stumbled upon the Toy Story 3 premier on my first day), downtown LA showcases truely incredible architecture, and you can enjoy sun, sand, and the famous ferris wheel at Santa Monica pier. It's all here, along, of course, with the seedy and dangerous areas everyone warns about - no trouble so far, though being in town before a Laker's game is almost terrifying. But I have to say, it's quite a toy town for me - places, and even people, I recognise from films, some wonderful scenery and all manner of crazy excesses that you'd expect.


Next stop is San Francisco, where I think things will be a little more relaxed and uncaffeinated, and perhaps some of the people there will own dogs too large for their handbags.

No comments:

Post a Comment