Saturday 21 November 2009

Singapore


I’ve been here for the best part of a week now, and I like it. I was told that I could expect cleanliness, efficiency, and a mix of cultures and that’s exactly what I’ve got. Add some wonderful architecture and arresting heat, and you have my first impressions of the Lion City. At first I was staying in Little India, where the smell of incense and food, and the sound of Indian music took me right back to the first days of the trip. I’ve relocated to a more Singaporean area, hoping to get more of a feel for the Asian culture here, a mix of Chinese, Malay and everything in between.

I’ve started work with an entertainment agency, Voyage Entertainment, and they couldn’t be a better group to work with. They cover major events in Singapore, including the recent Formula 1 race here, and I’ll enjoy working with them for these two months, and perhaps in the future if I make a return trip. Here’s their cool, if quite scary, poster design for the show, and we have some filming to do this Wednesday for the press here, too, which should be a lot of fun.

I’m a quarter through the year-long trip, and though I feel like I’ve been away for a lot longer, I’m excited to find out what adventures the next 3/4 have in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment